How to finance your training?

There are several ways to finance your training. Indeed, the training schemes and sources of funding vary according to your status - private employee, civil servant, job seeker, self-employed - and can sometimes be combined. Since the "Professional Future" law ("Law of September 5, 2018 for the freedom to choose one's professional future"), new operators and new financing schemes are in place.

Financing your company training

In companies, financing is provided by an OPCO (Opérateur de Compétences).

In 2020, these organizations collect from companies the unique Contribution to vocational training and work-study (which replaces the Contribution to vocational training and the Apprenticeship Tax) and redistribute it for the training of employees. The funding granted depends on the size of the company.

There are many financing schemes because they respond to multiple cases: skills development plan (ex training plan) of which collective actions are part, Pro-A (new scheme replacing the professionalization period), TPE/PME plan...

BOOST collaborates with all OPCOs, whatever the company's activity sector.

How to finance your company training?

Whatever the case, the first step is to target the training through the detailed training program, the objectives of the company and the beneficiary as well as the knowledge and skills required.

Ask us for a quote, especially if you want to train a group of employees in your premises, or pre-register directly from our website for an inter-company training.

Apply for funding from your OPCO. Upon receipt of its agreement of coverage, we establish the necessary documents (training agreement, convocation ...).

⚠ Attention, you must have received the agreement of coverage of your OPCO before the beginning of the training. Allow time for your funding request to be processed.

Financing your training when you are a job seeker

As in the corporate world, the mechanisms are specific to each situation. The AIF (Aide Individuelle à la Formation) and the CPF are the most commonly used, but there are others, such as the Préparation Opérationnelle à l'Emploi (POE).

How can you get your training financed when you are a job seeker?

As for employees in companies, make sure you choose your training and ask us for an estimate.

Get in touch with your Pôle Emploi advisor to set up the system(s) adapted to your situation and establish, if necessary, a financing plan. This may include several complementary sources of financing: Region, Pôle Emploi, personal funds...

‍⚠ Please note that you must have received the agreement of your OPCO to cover the costs before the start of the training. Allow time for your funding request to be processed.

Financing training for the self-employed

In return for the contribution to professional training (CFP), to which they are subject, self-employed workers can, under certain conditions, benefit from total or partial financing of their training.

Self-employed workers (and their collaborating spouse if the CFP-spouse has been paid) depend on a training insurance fund (FAF), determined according to the nature of their activity.

- Fonds d'assurance formation des travailleurs indépendants
- Main activity (according to NAF code)
- Fonds d'assurance formation
- Profession libérale Fonds interprofessionnel de formation des professionnels libéraux (FIF-PL)
- Profession libérale médicale Fonds d'assurance formation de la profession médicale (FAF-PM)
- Traders and non-salaried managers in commerce industry and services
- Association de gestion du financement de la formation des chefs d'entreprise (Agefice)
- Artist author Fonds d'assurance formation des secteurs de la culture, de la communication et des loisirs (AFDAS)
- Artisan, head of company registered in the trade register (RM) and self-employed artisan not registered in the RM
- Training insurance fund for heads of craft companies (FAFCEA)
- Farmer and head of forestry operations
- Fund for the training of entrepreneurs in the living world (Vivéa)
- Fishing professional : shellfish farmer, head of a marine culture company
- Fonds d'assurance formation des salariés des petites et moyennes entreprises (Agefos PME)

In the case of dual registration (for example, a business owner registered in both the RCS and RM), it is the FAFCEA or the regional chamber of trades that is in charge of financing, not Agefice.

The amount of funding for training costs depends on the NAF code of each activity and the training topics selected by the representatives of the profession. The amount of funding can be consulted on the websites of each FAF.

Self-employed workers must submit a request for funding to the FAF on which they depend, at least 1 month before the start of the planned training.

However, self-employed workers practicing a liberal profession must send their request for funding no later than 10 calendar days after the first day of training.
- Liberal professions: consult the FIF PL website
- Medical professions: FAF PM website
- Company managers: Agefice website


Financing of training for workers recognized as RQTH

You are an employee
benefit from the same conditions of access to training as any other employee, with an additional right to follow-up adapted to your disability.

Employees with disabilities are eligible for the CPF for professional transition without waiting for the 2-year seniority criterion in the company.

An employer may, depending on the case, benefit from AGEFIPH assistance to finance the training of an RQTH employee.

You are a job seeker
enable a job seeker in a situation of disability to acquire the skills necessary for a lasting job, AGEFIPH, Pôle Emploi or other financiers may participate in covering the cost of a training course. This training must be part of a pathway to integration and offer real and serious prospects for access to employment.

To benefit from this aid, the applicant must contact his or her Cap Emploi, Pôle Emploi or Mission Locale advisor, who will direct him or her to the possible financing mechanisms best suited to his or her professional project. All requests for assistance must be made at least two months before the start of the training.